We are currently recruiting for the following posts:
- Café Kiosk Operator
- Lead Coach for 2022
- Dragon Boat Helms (training can be provided if you are not yet qualified)
- Canoe, kayak and SUP coaches for sessional work, particularly evenings and weekends
More info on all the posts below…
We’re hiring people aged 16+ to operate our small café kiosk during weekends and school holidays.
Please read the outline of the job below and email a CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with a short paragraph of why you think you’d be good for the role.
What will you be doing?
- Serving ice creams, cold drinks and hot drinks.
- Keep the area clean and tidy
- Ensure all the shelves are well stocked
Who are we looking for?
- Self motivated and independent young people aged 16+
- Willingness to learn and be trained
- Excellent customer service skills
What training will we provide?
- Using the till and card machine
- How to make hot drinks using our machine
- Serving soft scoop ice cream
- Cleaning and stocking procedures
Why work with us?
- Wellbeing is at the heart of what we do, we always make sure we’re looking after our staff
- We believe giving young people responsibility in a working environment builds skills that last a lifetime
- You’ll become part of the Leam Boat Centre family with opportunities in paddlesports and to come along on our monthly socials
When will you be working?
- One weekend day each week (either saturday or sunday)
- Week days during school holidays
- Your shift will be 9:30am – 6:30pm
How much will you be paid?
- Varies with age and whether you’ve had previous experience in cafe’s
- You can expect anywhere between £40 and £55 per day
£16,000 to £20,000 per annum, pro rata based on Age and Experience
Accommodation will be provided which will reflected in your package of working with Leam Boat centre.
For a bright, enthusiastic, and hardworking paddler, this is a great opportunity for those looking to start their journey into more senior roles within the outdoor industry. This contract starts at the beginning of April and runs to the end of September.
With a start date in April 2022, this is a 5 day a week contract, however due to the seasonal nature of the business you will work more hours in the summer period and less over the spring/Autumn months. Working hours will be averaged at 40 hours every week with a permanent weekend shift.
This is one job role which splits your time between two key areas the Lead coach being your primary role and your secondary role is as a centre assistant. This will mean – subject to bookings – you will be on the water paddling sometimes 5 days a week.
- Lead Coach
As a paddle sport coach, you will take a role in the planning and delivery of a wide range of sessions across different disciplines (Canoe, Kayak and SUP). We deliver a large programme of courses and sessions which include school groups, children’s courses, adult qualification courses and training, birthday parties and adult weekends away.
- Centre Assistant
When there is no demand for a lead coach you will work alongside the management team and deck crew to make sure the day to day running of the centre is looked after. Training will be given for these roles. This includes the below areas
- Helping to serve customers in our paddle sports shop offering excellent customer service and working within agreed procedure to process customer orders and sales.
- Assisting your manager and working with deck crew on the day to day running of the boat hire.
- Assisting your manager in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the centre.
- Enthusiasm towards paddlesport
- Paddle Sport Instructor/Level 1 or a high level of experience and willing to gain their Paddle Sport Instructor at the start of the season (Funded by the company)
- First class telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Good level of computer literacy and numeracy
- Able to work under own initiative and within a team
- Reliable, organised, and able to work under pressure
- Hold a mature and responsible attitude to work
- Any Leadership Qualifications – White Water, Canoe or Sea
- Evidence of success in a previous supervisory or leadership role
- Customer service experience
- Full driving licence & own transport
- Practical maintenance skills (eg repairing boats or buildings)
As well as your salary you will also receive:
- £750 worth of kit vouchers
- Additional kit available at trade prices from our store (Red, Peak, Palm etc)
- Use of centre boats & equipment in your downtime
- A training budget and support to develop in the paddle sports industry
- Real opportunities to get out paddling with others
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense. To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you require more information please feel free to call us for an informal chat on 01926 88 99 28.
Closing date for applications: 7th March
Start Date – April 2022
Canoe, Kayak and SUP Coaches
We are always looking out for enthusiastic qualified paddle sport coaches for sessional work through the main season.
For more info please feel free to get in touch. You can pop in to see us any time, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call for an informal chat on 01926 88 99 28 and ask for Sophie or Matt.
Dragon Boating Helms
Warwick Boats and Leam Boat Centre are looking for enthusiastic individuals to train as Dragon Boat Helms for our corporate, youth group, and charity dragon boat events.
Full training provided with paid part time and session work from April to October
- Good with people and able to work confidently with public groups – not afraid to speak up!
- Physically fit and a sound swimmer
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Other Water sport or sport experience
If you are interested just call for an informal chat (ask for Kevin or Sophie)or drop us an e-mail on email@example.com
Tel. 01926 88 99 28