Be first off the mark with the Werner Odachi Carbon Bent paddle. Designed from the ground up specific for down river and creek race, in collaboration between our engineers and some of the best racers in the world. As race courses are more commonly set on harder and harder runs, we want to assure that going fast didn't have to mean worrying about your paddle. The Odachi brings our Bomber reputation to the race paddler.
- With an increased blade to shaft offset, this blade forward design gives a more powerful catch and more verticality through the power phase.
- Greater dihedral to stabilize powerful forward strokes through turbulent conditions.
- Long blade length (49cm) provides greater leverage.
- Race inspired blade tip. Symmetrical shape for more surface area, for more efficiency when matching a more vertical race stroke. Subtle scoop for more purchase.
- Along with carbon bent and straight shafts, Werner have optimised materials and manufacturing techniques to obtain lower weight, remain strong and provide a comfortable flex. Less fatigue on your body overall, for the longer races.
- Because you still hit rocks when you go fast, Dynel edging is highly abrasion and impact resistant. Protecting the fine-tuned carbon blades from the elements.
- NOTE. Design features that make this paddle fast, also make for a unique feel in your hands. Bracing and rolling are different. With Werner's proven River Running line up to round out your quiver, the Odachi is not intended to be an all around paddle.
- Although Ultimate performance paddles are far and away Werner's best paddling, their unique design characteristics and materials do not make them our most impact resistant. Look to the Premium paddles for the highest impact resistance.